More Amazing Idea Apps


I'm currently enjoying the disaster of the cable company moving our internet a month ahead of time… so bare with me while I post from my phone.

I am enjoying some great apps for home decorating and ideas that I wanted to add more on from my last post.

Redecorating and deciding what to keep and what to trash is no easy task ;). We decided on all new furniture for the whole first floor, leaving me with two offices, kithen, dining room, living room, and a small entry way to design. 

This is also the time where my things will fully merge with his. And some will get "lost" in the move… oops! 

So I find myself in a FLOOD of ideas and learning, from what goes with dark cherry floors, dark cabinets, do we repaint, etc.

Here are some of my LOVES and the organization I am loving to narrow down the field.

How will I decorate my white fireplace mantel? I like the mirror, probably some candles with a vase, but I need color pops. 

We have definately settled on a statement chair, and coordinating pillows with a darker couch.

2 kids and 2 dogs, I could never have white couches like this.

Which makes finding an idea hard- because with so much dark, without the color, most of what I find looks like above. How do I filter out all the ideas you ask?

• While looking online & through apps, keep in mind what is realistic.

• Find elements in the images that are similar to your home, a mantle, a corner, wood, carpet, cabinets etc. that you have in your own home.

• Stay organized! Sure each app has it's idea saver, but when you need to see them all at once, you don't want to print and waste all of that precious and expensive ink. Screen Shot! Pin to your Pinterest albums, find one area that works best for you. 

Meanwhile, here are the amazing apps I live for ideas.

[ Houzz ] I've mentioned it before, but I am in love.
[ Old Kings Lane ]
[ Joss & Main ]
[ Wayfair ] Don't forget their Facebook page- their ideas are stunning!
[ Restoration Hardware ] I love this store. It is on the pricey side, but everything is gorgeous. I redid my bedroom last winter with their amazing bedroom spreads. I will note that after falling in love with a quilt set of theirs, anything close to it at all that stores ran in the same price range. I checked target to Bed Bath Beyond, so the price isn't too outlandish.
[ Crate & Barrel ] From sofas, to kitchen requirements… this place amazed me. I used to joke that they only carried CB boxes on their commercials because their products were ugly, but wow was I surprised when I stepped in the store last week. Love love love. They have come a long way. 

• Take catalogs when you are in the stores. You will find better ideas here, than from pricy and advertisement ridden magazines.

On that note, I will end with some more amazing images. 

-> Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest

- That's Sew Mommy

Love the chairs.

Ottoman obsession. 

Not in love with the Spanish feel, but it looks great.

Mantle, yes, white couches, I wish.

Curtains, lighting, tables oh My! Love it all.

A great example of Houzz, and how easy it is to use.


Found this beauty on Pinterest. 

That's all for now! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Advice?