Tools That Make it Easy

Quilting Tools


So let's talk quilting; of course. I know that when Quilting came to my mind, I thought: squares, ugly fabric, boring patterns, etc. Then I got my new machine and stumbled upon modern quilting, and more or so the idea of telling a story. What appealed to me most was the idea of quilting something you would see hanging on a wall as a poster. 

The easiest way to do this is applique, free motion quilting, and laying out your quilt from a design in your mind. 


Simple Quilts


Sewing Machine -  Yes you can do it by hand, & good for you if you have the patience! 

I don't.. nor do I recommend it.


Machine quilting ensures wash-ability, along with durability. More to come on stitches and FMQ ( Free Motion Quilting )

Basting Spray- If using a machine, make sure it says for machine use, or light spray. I DO NOT recommend the heavy duty type, because it will gum up any needle. Spray is the difference between puckered quilts, and perfect flat quilt sandwiches.

Rotary Cutter & Clear Ruler- Cheap rotary cutters give you cheap results, with inaccurate cuts, and often end up wasting fabric. Spend the extra $5. Clear rulers are ESSENTIAL and always affordable. 


As always, comment or question below. Ciao for now!
thatssewmommy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Advice?